Jarred and I had been talking about getting a dog for the last few weeks. We thought about adopting one, so we went to the pound and have been looking at Pet Savers. We called our vet to ask some questions and Jarred asked if they had any dogs they knew of that needed a home. They had 3 dogs, so we went up there to look at them. The first was a little too hyper for Ryleigh. The second was just perfect...
Emily is a 5 1/2 year old Irish Setter mix. She was being boarded at our vet because her owner is in hospice. Emily had been boarded for 73 days! Her owner was sending her to the pound if she would not have been adopted in the next few days. Emily is as sweet as can be and we knew in the first five minutes of being around her that she was the dog for us! She has never jumped up on Ryleigh...she just loves to give her kisses. Ryleigh just LOVES Emily. She is so excited to see her and play outside with her in the evenings. The cat...not so much. Ellie has ruled the roof for 3 years now that we have been in our house. We'll get there!

Hey Danielle. I told Jarred that I would give him our blog address before he left, but alas, I forgot. So I thought I would just give it to you by comment...
ReplyDeletewww.lillianmckee.blogspot.com
D-Dawg! Look at your sweet family:) I am glad you are doing well. Do you ever play tennis anymore?
ReplyDelete